The Ottawa Community Concert Band is looking for a new conductor and music director commencing in the 2023-2024 season (planning for the season to begin in July 2023).
The Ottawa Community Concert Band has been making music and performing in Ottawa for over 50 years. This adult community band is made up of players of all ages and from diﬀerent musical backgrounds. As a non-auditioned band, the range of abilities amongst players varies. What we do share is a love of music, and a desire to learn, grow and socialize together.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelors Degree in Music, or an acceptable combination of music education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a conductor and music director for a community concert band, orchestra, school music program, or equivalent instrumental music program.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• The ability to select/recommend repertoire that suits the abilities and interests of band members.
• The ability to conduct and to communicate musical requirements in a manner that is clear and respectful.
• The ability to foster improvement in the band’s performance level while taking into account a diversity of musical abilities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills under pressure.
• Reliability, preparedness for rehearsals and respect for predetermined rehearsal schedules.
• The ability to behave in an ethical manner and treat all band members equally and with respect regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation or identity, or ability.
The successful candidate will receive an annual honorarium.
Rehearsals take place Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 9:30 PM at the Rideau Community Hub, 815 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa.
Candidates are requested to submit their application to email@example.com no later than April 15, 2023.
Please visit our website at http://www.occband.ca/ to learn more about the Ottawa Community Concert Band. A performance sample is available at
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org